4.07.2008

Are You Ready?

Here comes the big one. I have a lot of photos and not a lot of time. My kiddo has been really yucky sick with the stomach flu the last four days, and she's only just started back on solids. I tell you, our wash machine has been running nonstop for the last three days, and we've changed her bedsheets so many times, it's ridiculous.

I digress.

So let's start with the dying. I bought and dyed some silk hankies. It was a lot of fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is by far my favorite. It's dyed with easter egg dyes.

I've already spun up one set of the hankies. It was a nice lemony green color. It spun up very fine, too, so I'm pretty happy with it. I plan on spinning the one color above about the same thickness and plying to two to have a nice laceweight.

Photobucket

More fun with hankies, I spun up some BFL, pictured with the silk single below:

Photobucket

I then plied it with an unspun hankie in white, and I wrapped the hankie in places. I call it "Cocoons."



Also on my to-do list is a pound and a half of hand painted superwash wool from The Sheed Shed Studio. They have great prices, and for only $18 for a pound and a half, how can you pass it up? They also have the mill ends, which are great, too.

Photobucket

I think it's really beautiful, and it will make great Christmas presents for the knitters in my life. I know so many sock knitters, it's insane.


Okay! On to the knitting! I've been working for a few weeks on the Hemlock Ring Blanket by Brooklyn Tweed. It's lovely.

Photobucket

I've been casting off for three days, which is getting a little tiring, but the blanket is going to be stunning once it's blocked. I can't wait!

Photobucket

Finally, I bought more sock yarn, Aracuna sock yarn, to be exact, and I'm going to make Jeanie with it. It will be a gift to myself once this Hemlock Ring is all finished up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess that's everything. Sorry it took so long to get this up. It's been a crazy month so far. Cross your fingers for me for my doctor's appointment on the 16th! I'm a little nervous.

No comments: