7.18.2010

Tink, Tink, Tink

I've been plugging away at the Infinite Socks. They're looking really pretty. I had actually turned the heel on them when I decided that the pattern just didn't look just right, so I ripped it all back to the beginning, tweaked the ribbing, tweaked the pattern and cast on again. I'm two pattern repeats in, so I think two more before I'll turn the heel.

Pictures tomorrow. I went to get some today, when I realized that my darn camera was out of batteries. Depending on my workload this week, I may have the pattern finished and ready for purchase before I leave for my holidays on the 31st.

As for everything else, I haven't been good this weekend. Our fridge died on Thursday. The compressor went, which SUCKS, so we've been keeping an eye on Kijiji for a new one. For now, however, and until we come back from holiday, we'll be living out of a cooler and our chest freezer in the basement. So far, it's not too bad, although I find I keep opening the fridge to grab something (or just to look out of habit), and of course there's just warm air blowing out. We're debating getting just an apartment sized fridge because there's a lot in a fridge that it turns out doesn't really need to be refrigerated. Like eggs, for example, and onions and apples and oranges and most condiments. We do need to keep our dairy products chilled, though, and I think I'd go nuts if we had to live out of cooler.

Anyway, so here's how I've not been good. When the fridge died, I had a major meltdown because it was only adding stress to my already PMSy day, and I caved. Robbie and I were both in terrible moods, so we bought chips, a bottle of wine and rented a movie. We ate all the chips. We drank all the wine.

Friday was okay.

Saturday, I was good until evening. We were at the wading pool all day, which was really fun, but then Saturday night, we went to our friends' house. They just came back from Australia. There was LOTS of alcohol. And hot dogs. And smokies. And chips. I ate two hot dogs, both with white buns, and a few handfuls of chips, and a rice crispie square. And a lot of wine.

This morning I felt really bad. My body was hurting, partly because of the major sunburn I got yesterday (despite having liberally applied sun screen, damn my Scottish heritage!), but I think mostly from the lack of care I gave the food I was eating. I ate so much junk, and I'm not used to it. I was grouchy, hung over, tired, angry, and just generally not feeling very good. I felt...skunky.

So tomorrow, it's back on the wagon. Back to drinking lots of water, back to eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies, back to feeding my body the way it needs to be fed. And I'm thinking I deserve at least two reps of boot camp to work off some of the damage.

In happy news, I get to pick up my shawl from the Stampede on Tuesday! YAY!!

No comments: