4.09.2010

I'm Grateful...

This morning, when I was having a shower and getting ready, I started thinking along the path I always think when I have to look at myself naked in front of a mirror. UGH. I mean, I think, ugh, I miss the way I *used* to look, ugh, why are they so low, ugh, why can't my hair just lay straight, ugh, I have cellulite, ugh, look at that zit...and on and on and on. How negative of me.

So today, I started to list things I'm happy with on my body.

- I have thick hair.
- I have green eyes.
- I have a wee rib cage.
- I have an hourglass figure.
- I have cute feet.
- I have long eye lashes.
- I have a pouty mouth.
- I have a nice smile.
- I'm getting laugh lines (better than frown lines!!!).

That, of course, led me to start thinking of all the things I'm grateful for in my life.

- I have a smart, sassy, polite, beautiful daughter who makes me laugh every single day, without fail, and keeps me on my toes.
- I have a smart, handsome husband who is always kind and considerate and was even willing to run out into a blizzard yesterday to pick up a bottle of wine for us to enjoy the power outage with.
- I have as many friends as I have fingers and toes, and they're all people I'm proud to surround myself with.
- I am able to afford a nice house in a great neighbourhood, and it's got a big backyard and a big tree out front, and it's close to schools and close to Robbie's work, and the neighbours are great.
- I was lucky enough to be born to parents who love each other far more than I think they realize. They came from nothing, they worked their butts off, and they have been very successful in life. They were able to provide an excellent starting block for my brother and I.
- Speaking of brothers, I'm grateful for mine, and that we have finally made it to a place where we are friends. He knows me better than most everyone on this earth.
- I am lucky to have three grandparents alive and in good health (one of whom is turning 90 in December!).
- I am grateful to be a child of two countries, having an immigrant father and a umpteenth generation Canadian mother.
- I am grateful to be able to work from home.
- I am extremely grateful to be able to knit because it's the place I find solace.


My gratefuls far outweigh my negatives.

1 comment:

dclulu said...

Lovely post. Really. I need to make a similar list!

Have been thinking of you and your blog posting from last month. Did you get to see a doc yet? Hope all is well.