I have a big list of stuff I would like to accomplish this year. I thought it might be productive to write them all down.
1. Lose the last 25 pounds. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
2. Become a doula
3. Finish the fracking floor.
4. Teach a knitting class
5. Drink less wine, more water.
6. Finish Elodie's dollhouse so that it will be something for her to cherish (otherwise known as don't let it look like crap)
7. Knit for every baby that comes along this year.
8. Exercise more
9. Enjoy my last summer at home with Elodie before she starts school in the fall.
10. Knit more for me.
11. (This is a big one) Increase my income by 50%.
12. GET KNOCKED UP.
13. Design and publish four patterns.
14. Spend my time more wisely.
15. Call my grandparents every week, and write a letter to my Bedstefar every week in Danish.
I'll be able to cross number four off my list fairly shortly. I'll be teaching a beginner's lace class at The Knitting Room starting in March. Spots are limited, so please call Annie to sign up if you're interested. It will be FUN!
I'm also well on my way to accomplishing number 11. I intend to be a certified doula by July or August (preferably July), and then I'll be accepting four births a month while still doing my transcription business. Robbie and I are on track to be debt-free (besides mortgage) in two years, and I intend to keep it that way!
You can "like" my Facebook group for my doula business here. I am currently offering my services to clients in June, July and August (four spots in each) for free in order to increase my experience. If you know of anyone in the Calgary area (including Airdrie, Crossfield, Carstairs, Cochrane, Strathmore, Chestermere, Beiseker, Okotoks and High River) who may benefit from such services, please pass along my name and Facebook address. It would be much appreciated!
Anyway, so hopefully 2011 turns out good. I'm hoping to cross every, single one of those goals off my list, although I understand that some of them are beyond my control. I will be revisiting these goals on the last day of each month. Stay tuned to see just how many I finish!