5.04.2008

Clean Slate

My house is (wait for it) clean. At least, the first floor is. It's completely, unequivocally clean. I mean, all the walls are washed, the floors are swept, mopped or vacuumed, all the counters are clean, the chairs are washed, the doors are wiped, the handles, light switches and outlets are scrubbed. There are no rogue fingerprints or toys or muddy dog prints. The toilet is sparkling, I'd eat off my floor, and even my couch covers are washed.

My house is clean.

This is the result of three days' toil, a near back-breaking furniture rearrangement, and the preparation for a toddler's birthday party. Elodie had her second birthday party today. She was spoiled rotten by all who attended (22 people!), and she got some great presents that she was VERY excited about. A swing set graces our backyard, a lawnmower bubble blower, clothes, new shoes, lip balm (so excited about this), a Dora the Explorer sprinkler, Pooh Bear gum boots, Play Doh, sidewalk chalk and so much more. She was SO excited.

Since I've been cleaning, of course, there has been NO knitting or spinning completed since Wednesday. I know. That's a LONG time for me. I generally knit or spin every day, for at least an hour, while I veg on the couch with Robbie after we get the munchkin off to bed. I try to get at least seven hours of knitting in every week, and I try to spin at least 1/2 lb of fibre every week as well. Crazy, I know, but it's really helped with my sanity, if you can believe it. See, I'm slightly ADD in that I always need to be doing something. I cannot just sit there and watch TV. If I'm not knitting or spinning, I'm eating, and I'd rather be knitting.

Tomorrow, though, we're back on our typical day, with a new note. I will be trying to clean for at least one-and-a-half hours every day. Because we have such a large, drooly, hairy dog, this has to be done just to maintain the house.

Every day, I will have to: Sweep, vacuum, spot clean the walls, wipe the counters, wipe the molding, spot mop the floor.

Every week, I will have to: Mop, dust all the surfaces, vacuum the drapes and upholstery, wipe all the cupboards, wipe all the doors, wash the walls, wash the molding.

WISH ME LUCK.

No comments: