2.14.2010

Fa(ntastic Fa)il

So. I'm not doing the Knitting Olympics this year. I'm not doing the Ravelympics this year. Why, you ask? Well, I bought the yarn, I have the pattern, but I just couldn't wait. So I cast on a week ago for the Oriental Impressions Triangle (rav link). I'm not knitting it as a triangle, though. I'm knitting it square. Holy crap. That'll be about 2400 yards of laceweight (I have ~2,500 in a merino/cash/silk 60-20-20 blend) and a whole lot of work. But boy howdy is it ever pretty.

Oriental Impressions Square (OIS)

The yarn is, of course, amazing. Gotta love Colourmart. I got all 2,500 yards for $20 including shipping. Including. Love love love.

Speaking of yarn, Robbie was a great husband and tidied up my mess(es). He put all my yarn and fibre into big Rubbermaid bins and stacked them, one on top of the other. I officially have four full Rubbermaid bins *full*. Um. Oops? But it's just so pretty. Seriously, I don't know whether to giggle insanely or sob or spread it all out and roll in it. Maybe all three. First I'll spread it all out, giggle insanely, roll in it, and then sob as I put it all away.

Right now, however, there's knitting to do, so it will have to wait.

Oriental Impressions Square (OIS)

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

GO CANADA GO!

No comments: