7.10.2009

Bored

I'm sitting at work, done my work already for the day (yes, at 10:00 a.m.), but still needing to man the desk until 4:15. So I thought I'd write a little post to complain about the weather.

Seriously? WTF, mate? Have you looked outside? It's dull, dreary and grey. When is summer going to get here? We only get precious few months in this country to celebrate warm weather, and every day that we have like this, it scratches yet another day of sun off the calendar. It looks like November in Denmark outside. Blah.

So this is "climate change." Apparently our weather is turning coastal. Perhaps preparing for Vancouver to fall into the ocean? I don't know how long this is going to last, but it better hurry up and change! My vegetable garden is not growing like it should. The only thing really growing is the potatoes.

In other news, Elodie has started full time at the local day care. SHE LOVES IT. Why didn't we think of this sooner? After all the stress and worry about finding adequate childcare (because believe me, the last place was NOT adequate at all), we find it, and it's great, and I love it. She loves it. Everybody's happy. She eats great when she comes home at night because she's spent the entire day playing her little legs off. She's going to sleep well because she's totally exhausted from a day of hard play. And she's DOING stuff. No longer is she being babysat by the TV in the basement while I desperately try to get some work done, despite her constant interruptions. No longer do I feel guilty for ignoring her while I try to manage my business and house.

Life is good.

She and Robbie are heading off to Newfoundland for two weeks starting next Friday. Whatever shall I do? Knit? Sleep? Bathe? All three? Sounds good!

1 comment:

Moxie said...

Two weeks. I can't imagine! Think of all that will get done? And think of how happy you'll be to see them when they get home.