10.22.2008

Can I just say...

How tired I am of Passport Canada? I have made THREE trips down there, and THREE times, I've paid for parking, found a babysitter, driven into Calgary, etc, and THREE times, I've been told to fix something on my application. Now, I have to order a new birth certificate for my daughter. OMG. Apparently, because Robbie and I were in a heathen union when she was born, they need a birth certificate with both our names on it. The registration number won't cut it. Are you JOKING me?

Anyway, it looks like I'll be coughing up the additional $75 for an urgent passport. Le sigh. The flight is booked for November 13th, and we'll be back on November 23rd. I'm excited to see my family, and I can't wait to show my daughter around my favourite haunts. A Risted hotdog will be a must-have. I want to show her Koldinghus where Robbie proposed (not that she'll understand that aspect). We'll travel and see family she's never met, and my cousin's wife is due any day now, so there may even be a new baby to cuddle! I can't believe how much I want to go there, the place I love to call my second home.

Anyway, I promised you all content, and content you shall receive!! It's not knitting, but it's something.

In September, Robbie and I spent a weekend and repainted our daughter's room. Here are the before and after photos of the process.

Before:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The work-in-progress:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vital.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finished (finally):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She is one happy little girl.

Photobucket

4 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

That is one of the sweetest rooms I've ever seen. Makes me want to come and hang out with Elodie!!

aunty tink said...

It's aperfect room for a lucky little girl. It was worth all the effort that you put into it.

Annie said...

Beautiful! you did a fabulous job, and your imagination shows in every aspect.

ikkinlala said...

What a great room!